Download Instantly - $5.00
This adorable owl can be worked up in an afternoon! By adding a pin back, it makes a great accessory, or a magnet for a sweet addition to home or office. Or stitch it onto a top, jeans, poncho – or anything, really!
It can be made using small amounts of leftover yarn, so it is an inexpensive, quick project that is perfect for beginning crocheters who are ready to take the next step into something a little bit more involved, but who aren’t ready to tackle a large project. It is a fun project for experienced crocheters, too!
What you will need for this project:
- Basic crochet skills (sc, dc, tr) and ability to read a pattern.
- Small amounts of worsted weight yarn.
Color A – body, Color B – body accent color, Color C – foot color, Color D – wings and beak color.
- Size G crochet hook
- Small crochet hook for toes – I like to use a size B.
- Yarn needle
- Buttons for the eyes
- Options – Make a felt beak and glue it on using craft glue.
- Pin back or magnets. If you want to make a pin or magnet fridgie, you will need craft glue and felt, as well as the pin back or magnet pieces.
You may choose any weight yarn and any size hook for different results. Use more or less colors to make your owl your own!